The Future of Education With A Techno Optimist
Raya Bidshahri is a serial entrepreneur, writer, educator, futurist and keynote speaker. She has been described as a techno optimist, a communicator of popular science, and an advocate of curiosity, critical thinking, wonder, and awe.
Raya is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Awecademy, a future-focussed educational organization that is disrupting traditional high school curricula and inspiring students to bring about civilization-level change.
In this podcast:
- Why traditional education models, systems and curriculum are outdated
- Why almost all global challenges, man-made ones especially, boil down to human limitations
- How parents can look to challenge the traditional education experience
- How exponential technologies can be used to tackle global and existential challenges facing our world
- Who Raya thinks we actually are (from a cosmic perspective)
- Raya’s passion—the one that she is willing to suffer for
- What the transformational points in Raya’s life have been
- Why the future of education takes a more blended, hybrid approach, it isn’t just online and digital
- Why the most challenging part of fundraising is subjectivity
- Raya’s advice to leaders
- What Raya believes the world needs most right now
- SciFest Dubai
- Robin Farmanfarmaian - The thought leaders formula
- Intelligent optimism
- A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.