Avoid This Scuzzy Email Email Practise
How many times have you heard that the money is in your email list? So you offer a freebie in order to collect email addresses from interested people (aka "warm leads") and consider yourself very happy. But have you thought about how you communicate with the freebie seeker during that initial exchange? Are you doing more harm than good in your effort to build your list? Have a listen as I discuss why to avoid what I call a scuzzy email practise.
- Legal Repercussions: CASL/GDPR/PECR for example (2:50)
- Ethical Implications: Cialdini's Commitment/Consistency principle (5:10)
- Reputational Damage (8:34)
- Ways To Avoid Being Scuzzy (11:35)
- Episode 63: about reputation management
- Join my email list: janicefogarty.com/emaillist
- CASL https://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home
- GDPR https://gdpr.eu/
- PECR https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/
Strategic messaging workbook - Clear messaging is the foundation of your entire communications and marketing strategy. Use this workbook to build that messaging on your goals so that you create a powerful positioning tool for your business. www.janicefogarty.com/dont-waste-your-breath-get-your-best-message-across
I love Apothekary products because I appreciate a natural approach to my well-being. Use my referral link & get $40US off of your first order -> http://apothekary.refr.cc/janicefogarty
**** Audio Credits **** Sunray valley by Scandinavianz https://soundcloud.com/scandinavianz | Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0 | Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/-sunray-valley
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/connections-coffee-confidence.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.