5 Quick Ways to Make More Accessible Content
This episode is about the accessibility of our communications and the layers of thought and intention that lay behind making our messaging accessible to more people. It's something that benefits us and our business but also benefits society as a whole. Have a listen to these five easily implemented ways to make our communications more accessible.
- The Cost of Poor Communications to Business: Why choose accessibility (2:05)
- Learning From the Experts: @hashtagheyalexa on Twitter (7:10)
- Language Used: Specific words, specific meanings... (9:39)
- Images: Including contrast, AltText (11:28)
- Fonts: Beware the funky script (14:15)
- Formatting: Capitalize your hashtags (17:50)
- Be Clear in Purpose: Hyperlinks and Windows (20:15)
- Consequences of Not Being Accessible and Inclusive (20:40)
- Project.co Communication Statistics 2022: www.project.co/communication-statistics-2022/
- Statistics Canada; The accessibility experiences of Canadians with disabilities, 2017 https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/211027/dq211027d-eng.htm
- DDIY.co 53 Web Accessibility Statistics ddiy.co/web-accessibility-statistics/
- Accessible Social Guidebook: A beginner’s guide to creating inclusive social media content, Alexa Heinrich, 2022. www.accessible-social.com/extra-resources/guidebook
- Create Your Social Media Content Strategy Bundle: www.janicefogarty.com/create-your-social-media-content-strategy
Get on my weekly email list: janicefogarty.com/emaillist
I love Apothekary products because I appreciate a natural approach to my well-being. Use my referral link & get $40US off of your first order -> http://apothekary.refr.cc/janicefogarty
**** Audio Credits ****
Sunray valley by Scandinavianz https://soundcloud.com/scandinavianz
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/-sunray-valley
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/Fpwzd8Nl6Eo
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/connections-coffee-confidence.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.