#24 From Digital Citizenship to Digital Leadership - Jennifer Casa-Todd
How much time do you spend on social media daily? How about your students or kids? It is hard to deny that social media is more and more ubiquitous. And today we have Jennifer Casa-Todd who is specializing in social media in K-12 context to guide us about teaching kids to become not only a digital citizen but also a digital leader.
Jennifer Casa-Todd is an award-winning educator, wife, mom, Teacher-Librarian at Cardinal Carter CHS in Aurora and a former Literacy Consultant for the York Catholic District School Board. She is also the author of the book, Social LEADia which gives out practical tips for moving students from digital citizenship to digital leadership. Jennifer is passionate about showing teachers and students how they can use technology and social media to make the world a better place.
Connect with Jennifer:
Please visit our website for more show notes: ( https://compassteacher.com/ )
- How do you teach your kids the usage of social media?
- Are you the role model for your kids as being a digital citizenship?
What can you do tomorrow
- Check out Global Education Student Chat to learn how you can engage your students in a digital world with positive impact.
Song Tracks Credits
- Opening & Ending: Swinging Little Christmas Tree by Jonathan Boyle
- The breaks in the middle
- The Neighborhood by Harrison Amer
- Growing Inspiration by Nick Petrov
“Compass teachers” is to share educators around the world with teaching tactics, education research or helpful tools. Amazing ideas to experiment in the classroom.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.