How to Repurpose Content
70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing and 78% of companies have a team of one to three content marketing specialists. If that many businesses are investing in it, then clearly it’s a priority, but creating a great deal of content for a variety of different formats and platforms can be a challenge, especially for a small team. That’s why today’s business growth hack is about how to repurpose content. In this episode, we take a deep dive into how to repurpose old content as well as how to create new content in a way that really helps you to get the most out of it. Tuning in you’ll hear a breakdown of the lifespan of social media posts based on platform, the average engagement rates and reach businesses usually get on each social media post, and how to use this information to your benefit. To hear this detailed and actionable plan for all the ways one single piece of content can be repurposed to really maximize its value, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Andrew and John first started repurposing blog posts as podcasts.
- How some of your successful content can be old content that is updated and revitalized.
- The importance of trying to create evergreen content when creating new content.
- A breakdown of the lifespan of social media posts based on the platform.
- The average engagement rates and reach rates on social media posts.
- Why it’s okay to repost social media posts.
- How many impressions it takes for an ad to be effective.
- The importance of knowing your audience and their social media habits.
- How reusing content in different formats allows you to reach different people.
- A breakdown of all the different ways you could repurpose a single blog post.
- The value of video content and different ways to generate it from existing content.
- How to approach creating content in formats you don’t feel comfortable with.
- The value of graphics, not just text.
- The importance of consistency and how repurposing content helps you to achieve this.
- Today’s business growth hack: a challenge to repurpose a blog post.
“I think repurposing content is all about finding the most helpful ideas from all this common content that you’ve already created consistently, blog posts, social media posts, things like that — and then reimagining it, reusing it in another format or another context.” — @abrockenbush [0:20:34]
“Sometimes you don’t need more content, you just need to see where else the content you’ve already created can be applied.” — @abrockenbush [0:22:31]
“I think that all of this comes back to the fact that every single piece of content you create, blogs, videos, audio, social media posts, is literally like this big churn system. It can all flow into another thing.” — @abrockenbush [0:36:59]
“A social media post can be a video, a social media post can be a blog post, a podcast can be a blog, a blog could be a podcast. It is so bizarre just how you can reverse engineer everything.” — @abrockenbush [0:37:14]
“If your content is quality, your audience is going to be happy to see it over and over again.” — @abrockenbush [0:41:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: