Do You Want A Wordpress Website?
One of your favorite websites is one out of the 1.6 billion-and counting websites online. Each of those sites is uniquely designed and 43% of the them are built on the WordPress platform. In this episode of Business Growth Hacks, your hosts Andrew Brockenbush and John Fritzsching dive into one solution for your small business website, Wordpress. In these “high-tech” times, websites are no longer difficult to make. Hear how easy it can be to set up your own website on the Wordpress platform, what you need to know and where to find resources to support your website build. If you have been thinking about developing a Wordpress website but have no clue where to start, this episode was made for you. Don’t miss today's business growth hack as they give you tools to help kickstart your website and make design decisions that will set you up for success.
Key Points From This Episode:
- So let's talk about websites, John and Andrew’s favorite websites.
- The number of websites online is growing every day.
- So many people have a good creative ideas, new businesses, or even a marketing blog.
- You don't use phone books to find companies anymore. It didn't have, um, websites aren't as hard to make
- It is no longer a challenge to keep your website up to date.
- Theres a difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org.
- All of that functionality that is built into WordPress.
- John and Andrew break down responsive web design aspects of the Wordpress platform.
- Built on an open source platform it allows for the entire world to work together to develop the computer code.
- SEO is worked into the framework of a Wordpress website build out of the box.
- Add users and manage user permissions to allow team members to create post and perform website maintenance.
- Over 54,00 plugins available to customize and add functionality to your website.
“The cool thing about WordPress is you don't have to be a genius to get it done. I have to be the tech wizard to run your own website anymore.” [11:15]
And it is the platform that I would recommend to any business owner. That's wanting to build their own website and there are, don't get me wrong. There are great website builders out there. 27:58
7% of people will leave a site based on how fast it loads. And that's another thing about, you know, just speed of a website. Is it greatly affects your overall SEO? 32:26
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: