Social Media Trends You Need to Know
The average American spends two hours and 25 minutes on social media a day! Almost half of the world's population is on social media, with the majority of people being active users. With incredible statistics like these, who wouldn't want to use social media as their latest marketing tool? Join us today to hear why social media should be included in your marketing strategy, which platforms you can use for what content, and why TikTok has shot to the top of the video content platforms. We dive into the latest tools available across various forms of social media (from homemade advertisements on TikTok to Instagram Stories), and how you can use social media to do market research for free. Andrew and John break down how they use a single video to create content across multiple platforms, why virtual reality and augmented reality are the next big thing in marketing, and how videos help customers get to know the people behind the brand. Tune in to hear today’s business growth hack on using an editorial calendar to keep your social media content up to date, and so much more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- John and Andrew’s favorite and least favorite aspects of social media: networking, and trolling, respectively.
- How social media algorithms have affected our social interactions.
- The development of social media and the first trends John and Andrew remember.
- Why you’re probably ignoring your greatest tool: social media.
- Social media trends and how to use them to improve your marketing.
- Tip number one: users love video content.
- Using video to showcase your content, who your company is, and your personality.
- Tip number two: repurposing content across multiple platforms from a single recording.
- Why you need to tailor your video content to who you want to consume it.
- TikTok to the top (tip number three): using the latest technology to your advantage.
- How the size of the TikTok user base ensures that someone out there will want your product.
- The benefits of not realizing that you’re consuming an advertisement due to the homemade nature of a TikTok video.
- Andrew’s experience of a virtual trade show and why it’s easier to target genuinely interested clients in a virtual space.
- The different ways you can use live streaming content, from weddings to charity events.
- VR marketing: what it is and who should be using it.
- Using AR marketing to help your customers choose their product.
- How Instagram Stories is different from other video platforms, and the benefits of the constant feed updates.
- Staying up to date: the importance of trying new social media features as soon as they launch.
- The beauty of Clubhouse and why passive listening makes it easier to consume content.
- How you can do market research for free using social media.
- Reddit: why it’s the front page of the internet, and how you can use it to help you flesh out an idea.
- Andrew’s business growth hack for today: be trendy through social media content and an editorial calendar!
“My favorite thing [about social media] is that there’s a new type of connectivity to not just our own circle of friends, but beyond that, that we didn’t have when we were kids.” — @abrockenbush [0:01:24]
“To some extent, I feel like we’re more connected now than ever, and also more apart than ever.” — @abrockenbush [0:03:59]
“People buy from people, not businesses.” — @abrockenbush [0:13:45]
“Instagram stories takes all of the best social media tools for customer engagement and they’ve rolled them all into one feature of Instagram.” — @abrockenbush [0:34:57]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: