What is SEO and what does it mean for your business?
SEO. What is it? How important is it for your business? Join your hosts, Andrew Brockenbush and John, as we dive into the small business secrets that successful entrepreneurs are implementing to see massive results, including the SEO keywords you should know and why you should be taking SEO seriously as part of your overall marketing strategy. In today’s episode, we share some effective SEO tips and tricks, like how to stay up to date with ever-evolving algorithms and make your domain more SEO-friendly. We also touch on some of the big SEO buzzwords and dispel outdated myths about keywords and backlinks. Tuning in, you’ll learn everything you need to know about clickthrough rate, bounce rate, link building, and user experience, plus a whole lot more, so make sure not to miss this episode full of practical advice and free resources!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Entrepreneurial tricks John uses to help him stay focused, like giving himself deadlines.
- Our favorite features of Friday.app, a planner and asynchronous tool for remote work.
- Andrew shares a statistic that might make you reconsider SEO before social media.
- What exactly SEO means and what you didn’t know about search engine optimization.
- Paid advertising versus SEO; find out why SEO should be part of your marketing strategy.
- Why algorithms aren’t as scary as you think and how to stay up to date as they evolve.
- We debunk some outdated ideas about SEO keywords and backlinks.
- Andrew emphasizes the importance of quality backlinks as a key part of your SEO strategy.
- CTRs or clickthrough rates and how they impact the SEO ranking of your business.
- Why we suggest that you learn everything there is to know about bounce rate.
- How to make your domain more SEO friendly; keep it simple and on-brand!
- SEO keywords, both long-tail and short-tail, and why they are important.
- Think about the keywords and questions your ideal customer demographic is searching.
- Learn how to use free resources like Google Trends and Ubersuggest for keyword research.
- John and Andrew emphasize the value of transparency when working with an SEO expert.
- Everything you need to know about link building for SEO: tips and tricks for doing it right.
- Why user experience is the ultimate goal when driving traffic to your website.
“SEO drives 1,000 percent more traffic than organic social media, which makes me [think]: if I have $1,200 a month to spend on something in my business that will help move the needle, then maybe I should consider SEO before social media.” — @abrockenbush [0:05:08]
“If you ever want to rank on Google, backlinks are key. It is one of the most vital parts of a good SEO strategy.” — @abrockenbush [0:15:53]
“If you were building your storefront, you would have to put in each and every piece of it. Your website is the same. Each and every piece of it – your domain, your SEO, your design – all of it works together.” — John [0:24:13]
“If you are not utilizing SEO as part of your overall macerating strategy, then you’re losing – you’re losing out on new opportunities, new sales, new revenue, new customers, new relationships.” — @abrockenbush [0:43:56]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: