The Agenda: Liverpool's Controversial Furlough Decision

Following Liverpool FC's decision to furlough some staff during the ongoing coronavirus crisis, Guy Clarke and the ECHO's Liverpool correspondent Paul Gorst talk through the implications of the decision. In furloughing some of their staff, the government will now pay 80% of a salaries, while the club have confirmed they will top-up the remaining 20%. From the announcement, the reaction the club have received and whether or not they could yet go back on their decision, all matters are looked at. The significance of the Reds decision is also analysed with fellow Premier League clubs Tottenham Hotspur, Norwich City, Newcastle United and AFC Bournemouth all having taken similar action. Enjoy. For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy