Dolly Alderton was, by her own admission, not terribly comfortable with her looks as a teen. Yearning for adulthood, when she expected she’d find a life to suit the grown up aesthetic she’d come to love, she suffered taunts at school and was roundly ignored (or, worse, insulted) by boys.
This didn’t stop Dolly from realising any of her ambitions, and she is now revered and held in great affection for her body of work as a writer, podcaster, and journalist.
In this episode of Beauty Full Lives, Dolly discusses navigating that journey from teen to thirty-year-old in command of her life, touching on the beauty products that have had significance along the way.
Products Dolly mentions include:
- L’Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Eye Pencil in Jet Black
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
- Floris Rose and Geranium Bath Essence
- REN Rose Otto Bath Oil
- Loreal Lash Architect
- Eylure Full Set False Lashes
- Nars Duo in Isolde
- Chanel Mystic Eyes Palette
- Penhaligon’s Cornubia
- Do Son by Diptyque
- Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady
- Dolly does her hair at Myla and Davis in Brixton and recommends Sam
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.