33: Drug Dealers in Ski Resorts, Mogul Technique, French Pyrénées & Skiing at 220 km/h
Dave reveals his tips on how to ski moguls, we look at a different guiding philosophy and (surprisingly) discover that The Ski Podcast is officially one of the best Olympic podcasts in the world!
- It turns out that the La Clusaz liftie with The Ski Podcast sticker was a friend of Chloe at the Tourist Office. We're pretty sure that it's Chloe who features in this video, covered by Iain on Skipedia in Sep 2018
- Ski lift etiquette – have you ever pushed in to a ski lift queue?
- The latest news on the Courchevel fire reveals it was a drug dispute between an armed cocaine supplier and his local dealers
- Jacques Murat, is Commercial Director of the resort of Ax 3 Domaines. Iain wrote about his trip there last week for Planetski.
- ‘Mur’ means 'wall' in French ;-)
- Dave Burrows from SnowPros shared his advice on technique for handling moguls
- Iain competed a couple of times in the ‘European Mogul Challenge’ series that took place in the 90s:
- The Ski Podcast is officially one of the Top Five Olympic Podcasts! Long time listeners will recall that we ran a daily podcast during the PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Thanks to Huski and Dave Moore for their reviews
- This is Jan’s very kind review on iTunes. Please do leave us your reviews as they help other people find us.
- Thanks to Lee for his detailed email and all his comments, particularly the confirmation that we are indeed boring. Some great suggestions though and we are definitely going to include some of them in future episodes
- Mark from Snowonly visited Samoen and the properties Jim was looking at can be found here.
- Jim interviewed ski guide Yvan Dorier from Alter Ego Ski School
- Dave Ryding finished 12th at the World Cup Finals and 9th overall in the end of season rankings
- Charlotte Bankes was 4th at the World Cup Finals and finished 4th overall. Added to her Silver at the World Champs it’s a successful first season for Team GB. We interviewed Charlotte about her switch from France in Episode 25
- Charlie Guest became the first Brit to win a Europa Cup race
- Jan Farrell logged a shocking 220.85 km/h to finish 12th in the speed skiing world champs
- You can watch ‘The Horn’ – about the Zermatt air rescue team – on Netflix
- Val d'Isère, Les Arcs, Tignes and La Plagne are organising an anti-Brexit rally in Bourg St Maurice on Saturday 06 April
Coming up in Episode 34:
- Jim will be trying cross-country skiing for the first time
- Iain will be reporting on Yoga Week in Les Menuires
- We have an interview with Frank Baldwin, publisher of ‘Skier and Snowboarder Magazine’