31: Telemark Skiing, Plane Crashes, Avalanches, Moon Boots & more
In this edition of the podcast Iain and Jim discuss the quality of Moon-Boots, Jim goes Telemarking for the first time and they talk about Lyndsey Vonn retiring to become a cow farmer.
There is also interviews with Bethany from Globalshots about her 'Beyond the Pistes' film & Linley Lewis from Ticket To Ride about the new chalet regulations.
Check out the full list of what is in the pod...
- Ski suit or ski gear? Jim favours the ski suit…
- There was a fatal avalanche in Crans Montana, Switzerland on 19 February
- If you missed it, then this is a video of the plane crash at Courchevel altiport
- Lyndsey Vonn retired second to Ingemar Stenmark with 82 World Cup wins to his 86 in the all-time list of Alpine Ski World Cup wins
- Vonn started her own herd of livestock after choosing a cow (“because she was really cute”) as a prize over a $5,000 check after a World Cup win in Val d’Isere. The cow, Olympe, turned out to be pregnant and Vonn now owns a family of them.
- Moon Boots: genuinely not too bad (as long as you don’t get them out of a rubbish in like Jim)
- Iain interviewed Bethany from Globalshots about her 'Beyond the Pistes' film
- The new TV programme about the ski patrol in Val Thorens is being filmed this season and will be broadcast later in the year
- Val Thorens has introduced an autonomous bus service
- If you would like to sponsor or partner with the ski podcast then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim interviewed Linley Lewis from Ticket To Ride about the new chalet regulations and controls in place in France
- Please do review us on iTunes or email or Tweet us your feedback (but if you do leave us a 1-star review, don’t be shy, tell us why – we might be able to change things!)
- Iain reviewed the Eckster smart wallet: 'Designed for people who tend to lose their belongings'. Save 20% off any order by using the code ‘SKIPOD-EKSTER’
- Jim was coached on the art of telemark skiing by Wendy Holland in La Clusaz
- Team GB telemarker Jasmin Taylor now had more podiums than any other British skier
- Jim’s Ski Servicing interview was with Simon from Wax Off