523: Day 13 of #LetsTalkBias
On day 13 of #LetsTalkBias, we are discussing equity in healthcare.
Articles To Read
- Serena Williams: What my life-threatening experience taught me about giving birth: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/opinions/protect-mother-pregnancy-williams-opinion/index.html
- Racism, Inequality, and Health Care for African Americans by Jamila Taylor: https://tcf.org/content/report/racism-inequality-health-care-african-americans/
- Reducing Racial Health Care Disparities: A Social Psychological Analysis: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4332703/
Videos To Watch
- 4 ways to work against racism in pregnancy and childbirth: https://vm.tiktok.com/J1jPUCq/
- Race & Teen Pregnancy: https://vm.tiktok.com/J1jkaAa/
- Do black people feel pain? https://vm.tiktok.com/J1jmtAV/
- Why black women are more likely to die or have complications in pregnancy: https://vm.tiktok.com/J1jUwj9/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.