479: How To Be A Deep Listener With Oscar Trimboli
Today's interview is with Oscar Trimboli. Oscar is a mentor, coach, speaker, and author. He was a director at Microsoft for over a decade and headed up the MS Office division in Australia. Today, he works with leadership teams and their organizations on the importance of clarity to create change, how to embrace the digital economy, and the role values play in the achievement of your purpose. He is the author of Deep Listening: Impact Beyond Words.
In our episode we discuss what deep listening is and how to do so across the following five dimensions:
- Listening to yourself,
- Listening to the content,
- Listening for the context,
- Listening for what is unsaid, and
- Listening for meaning.
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- The 5 Myths of Listening: https://www.oscartrimboli.com/listeningmyths/
- Deep Listening: Impact Beyond Words: https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Listening-Impact-Beyond-Words-ebook/dp/B074WGNY4M/
- Website: https://www.oscartrimboli.com/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.