473: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life With Nir Eyal
Today's interview is with Nir Eyal. Nir is the author of the Wall Street Journal bestselling book Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products. Eyal teaches at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, and is a design expert who in his forthcoming book Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life provides urgent advice on how to become Indistractable. He loves to discuss what it takes to become a global leader.
In our interview Nir discusses the following:
- Why technology is NOT hijacking your brain and who's really to blame.
- Why distraction at work is a symptom of workplace dysfunction.
- Habits of the Indistractables: How to master internal triggers. prevent distraction with pacts, and make time for traction.
- How to chose your life and control your impulsiveness, plan ahead, and ensure that you will follow through on your goals.
- How to lead an Indistractable organization: Create psychological safety & have leaders who exemplify the importance of doing focused work.
- How to hack back your time: Prevent habitual rechecking of emails and send fewer emails.
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Indistractable book: NirAndFar.com/Indistractable
- Schedule maker tool: https://nirandfar.com/schedule-maker/
- Distraction guide: https://www.nirandfar.com/distractions/
- Website: http://www.indistractable.com
- My book: https://www.amazon.com/Use-Your-Difference-Make-Cross-Cultural/dp/1119590698/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.