458: Authenticity, Diversity, Inclusion & Intersectionalism In Storytelling With Zahra Rasool
Today's interview is with Zahra Rasool. Zahra is the Head of Contrast which is part of, Al Jazeera’s immersive media studio where she focuses on the production of compelling 360-degree video, Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) content. Before joining Al Jazeera's Innovation Team, she was the Managing Editor of HuffPost RYOT where she was responsible for RYOT's editorial strategy, managing the content team and combining journalistic storytelling with VR and 360-degree technology and in 2015, she founded her own startup Gistory.
We discuss the following:
- What Contrast is
- False narratives around Muslim women
- How newsrooms can move beyond western perspectives
- What collaborative storytelling is and why it is important
- Her identity as a TCK
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Website: https://contrastvr.com/
- How to partner with Contrast: https://contrastvr.com/partner
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RXahra
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.