447: The Use Your Difference To Make A Difference Book & My Talk At The United Nations
I'm so excited to announce that my book, Use Your Difference To Make A Difference is now available for pre-order. Recent years have seen dramatic changes to several institutions worldwide. Our increasingly interconnected, digitized, and globalized world presents immense opportunities and unique challenges. Modern businesses and schools interact with individuals and organizations from a diverse range of cultural and national backgrounds—increasing the likelihood for miscommunication, errors in strategy, and unintended consequences in the process. This has also spilled into our daily lives and the way we consume information today. Understanding how to navigate these and other pitfalls requires adaptability, nuanced cross-cultural communication, and effective conflict resolution. My goal with this book is to provide readers with a skills-based, actionable plan that transforms them into agents of inclusiveness, connection, and mutual understanding.
By the end of the book, you should be able to:
- Develop self-awareness needed to be a cross-cultural communicator.
- Develop content, messaging techniques, marketing plans, and business strategies that translate across cultural borders.
- Help your employees to better understand and collaborate with clients and colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Create safe environments for students to be themselves.
- Strengthen cross-cultural competencies in yourself, your team, and your entire organization.
- Understand the cultural, economic, and political factors surrounding our world.
Also, in today's episode, I share a speech I made at the United Nations Global Summit. Professionals from different parts of the world came together to discuss ways to tackle critical issues affecting our world.
I got to share some of my thoughts on what it means to be a global leader and how the youth can make a global impact today.
The people in attendance included university students, young professionals, and globally significant leaders.
Hope you enjoy it and I hope it inspires you to act!
Have a glorious week! Love you all!
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Use Your Difference To Make A Difference Book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1119590698
- My Speech at The United Nations Global Summit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07WIiWmFrDc
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.