415: How To Be A Recruiting Rockstar With Jeff Hyman
Today's episode is with Jeff Hyman. Jeff launched his recruiting career at Heidrick & Struggles and Spencer Stuart, the preeminent global executive search firms. Today, he's Chief Talent Officer at Chicago-based Strong Suit Executive Search. Along the way, Jeff created four companies, backed by $50 million in venture capital. He currently teaches the MBA course about recruiting at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management and hosts the five-star Strong Suit Podcast. Jeff has been featured by Inc., Fortune, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Business Insider, Bloomberg, and other media outlets.
According to Jeff, 90% of business problems are actually recruiting problems in disguise. If you’re filling your company’s vacant positions with B-players, you’re playing with fire. Instead, hire Rockstars (the top 5% of candidates who have the desired competencies and DNA, at the budgeted compensation level) to build an organization with limitless potential. In our episode, we dive into how to find, hire, and keep the best of the best as well as the following:
- Why you should replace your “job description” with a “job invitation”
- How to assess your company's DNA and use those characteristics to find candidates who are guaranteed to fit
- The bulletproof 10-step method for landing the very best talent, based on data instead of gut feel
- How to attract winners like a magnet and avoid the mistakes that result in bad hires, from sourcing and interviewing, to closing and on boarding
Resources Mentioned In The Episode
- Website: https://www.recruitrockstars.com/
- Recruit Rockstars: The 10 Step Playbook to Find the Winners and Ignite Your Business: https://www.amazon.com/Recruit-Rockstars-Playbook-Winners-Business-ebook/dp/B076J4D891/
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.