398: Positive Discipline For Overwhelmed Parents with Joy Marchese and Kristina Bill
Today's episode is on raising children, while one of life’s most rewarding experiences, is also one of the most complicated. I talk with two of the authors of POSITIVE DISCIPLINE FOR TODAY’S BUSY (AND OVERWHELMED) PARENT: How to Balance Work, Parenting, and Self for Lasting Well-Being, Joy Marchese and Kristina Bill.
We discussed the principles of the highly regarded and successful Positive Discipline methodology and how it applies to kids, adults and different cultures. Their hope is that with this episode and their book, you will be armed with:
- Communication strategies and tips for self-reflection
- Understanding the belief behind behaviors
- How to get to the bottom of why children react the way they do
- Addressing the underlying issues
- Understanding the importance of significance & contribution
- The negative aspects of a praise and rewards system
- How we have built a culture of approval junkies AND
- Different motivators for human beings
Resource Mentioned In The Episode
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.