Why are ER bills so horrible? Sarah Kliff spent a year finding out. (Season One, episode 7)
Emergency rooms often bill you a “cover charge” just for walking in the door, and it can be thousands of dollars.
That’s in addition to the huge markup on everything that happens there: seven bucks for a band-aid. Twenty dollars for a couple of pills.
Reporter Sarah Kliff has collected more than a thousand ER bills from her readers at Vox.
She was an expert on health care before starting this project — she covered it for years at the Washington Post before moving to Vox — but even she found plenty of surprises.
Find Us Online
- Website: http://armandalegshow.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/armandalegshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/armandalegshow
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/armandalegshow
- Host: Dan Weissman (www.danweissmann.com)
- Editor: Whitney Henry-Lester (thedarlingkiller.com)
- Consulting Producer: Daisy Rosario (@RunDMR)
- Audio Wizardy: Adam Raymonda (adamraymonda.com)
- Music: David Winer (wearefancymountain.com)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.