Tumblr CEO Matt Mullenweg on open-sourcing social media
After taking WordPress from a small blogging site in the 2000s to an all-in-one website creation platform, which is now the backbone of around a third of all websites, Matt Mullenweg has now set his sights on social media. Now as CEO of Tumblr, Matt reveals his plans to revamp the site, welcome disillusioned ex-Twitter and Reddit users, and create a social site that is, at its core, open-source. In this episode:
- Matt’s battleplan for making Tumblr better
- How social media sites copy features from competitors
- Where Matt got his nickname as ‘the blog prince’
- How Wordpress took on tech giants like Microsoft, Google & AOL
- Making Tumblr’s algorithm open-source
- How AI will play a role in improving Tumblr
- Is generative AI a concern?
- Can social media actually help people connect?
For more news, interviews and analysis go to standard.co.uk/business.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.