Candy Crush: How it wrote the blueprint for mobile game success
Tjodolf Sommestad is the President of King Games, creators of Candy Crush. One of the earliest 'freemium' games, over the last decade it's become the most downloaded match game in the world, with three billion downloads across platforms. In this episode we talk about:
- How Candy Crush was developed
- Why its rapid success forced Tjodolf to put his own job at risk
- What you do when there's no map to follow in a new market
- Could AI play Candy Crush for you?
- What level of the game is he on?
For more interviews, news and analysis go to standard.co.uk/business.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.