E 43 That Great Business Show - Dave O'Hora, Southern.ie , everything you wanted to know about Facebook but were afraid to ask
75% of Irish adults have a Facebook page - but many, many businesses are clueless on how to use this fantastic Business to Consumer tool - in this episode Dave O'Hora, director of Limerick based marcomms company Southern.ie gives us some seriously interesting insights into how to successfully hack Facebook data for your business.
- Why 1,000 is the magic number
- How to crack that Facebook 'limiter' and find your small, but beautifully formed, target audience
- How to use Facebook Ad Manager and ask the right question of it
- Why Facebook information is useful to even the smallest of businesses
- The importance of telling stories, and how Lidl and Aldi use story telling to become Ireland's most popular Facebook pages
- Lidl's most engaged pages include articles on period pains, NOT selling Covid related items etc....but not selling apples or oranges
- If you haven't heard of Cian Twomey, why you need to do so
- Why 'in the normal scheme of things' - you need to pay, but not much, to promote your business on Facebook
- Love-ins on LinkedIn
- Engaging content is about telling stories, 'doing a Jerusalem' , 'Pringles missing 4 inches' etc
- Converting 'likes' into actual business
- Facebook competitions and 'prize pigs'
- Why hotels put ads onto the online death notices page
- Most successful page in Donegal is the Donegal Daily online news for the Donegal area
- How Limerick based Connolly's Menswear uses videos to get people to buy a suit, but not online
- Why 'friendship' sells
- How you can set up your own TV channel
- The amount of money / resources wasted on the wrong channels and the wrong content
- Top pubs and how they engage with their customers on Facebook, but to what benefit?
- Home Store and More, one of the few Irish brands that makes it into the Top 10, and why...
- LadBible is #1 for people 18 - 34
- McDonagh Junction Shopping Centre is big in Kilkenny
- Why we're getting less brand aware
- Tasty versus TheTaste.ie
- Three brilliant ideas on how to make $$$ - be Columbo, buy a mirror and look at yourself in it, give Mark Zuckerberg some money
- Going 'native' with your local newspaper
- And, his 'hire in a heartbeat',... Junior Série, a Brazilian data analyst working with Southern.ie
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.